April 28-30, 2017 at Camp Maranatha
Alaskan Fiber Arts Retreat – a Creative Oasis of Harmony
Opens 10:00 a.m. Friday, April 28th. Fiber vendors close at 10:00 a.m. Sunday, April 30th. Packed, cleaned & leaving by noon.
Sponsored by the Valley Fiber Arts Guild, PO Box 876142, Wasilla, AK 99687
– All Fiber Arts welcome! Spinning, Weaving, Knitting, Fiber Painting, Fiber Prep, Etc.
(Motorized equipment, dyeing and exceptionally messy projects by special arrangement only please)
Langley Lodge: There are a limited number of double occupancy rooms with ¾ bath. Returning Langley legacy guests have first option. Other available rooms go to volunteers and those with physical disabilities. IMPORTANT: Your credit card may initially be charged the $95.00 dry dorm cabin rate when you register for Langley Lodge. When your Langley registration is approved, you must go back online and pay the addition $35.00 to lock-in your Langley registration.
Dry dorm cabins: are available with real twin mattresses. Cabins generally have two rooms with four beds in each room. Shower house is nearby. Bring your own warm bedding, towels, robe, etc.
Registration price listed above covers your selected lodging for the entire weekend or daily attendance. It also covers access to all activity rooms, vendors and any free demos. Most classes have a materials fee. IMPORTANT: If you register for Langley Lodge, your credit card may initially be charged the $95.00 dry dorm cabin rate. When your Langley registration is approved, you must go back online and pay the addition $35.00 to lock-in your Langley registration.
Bring your own food-there are no nearby stores or restaurants. Refrigerator & microwave available 24/7 in Langley and Dining Hall. 2017 Note: Commercial kitchen facilities may NOT be available 24/7 pending new rules for participants.
“Share your Snacks” table will be available in both the spinning and weaving rooms — No refrigerator in gym.
Potluck dinner Saturday night at starting around 5:30-ish in the Dining Hall. Bring a dish to share and please have it ready as close to 5:30 as possible. The earlier we eat, the earlier the fun starts back in the Gym. Commercial kitchen facility will be available for this event
Class sizes are limited. Signup sheets in the Gym are 1st come-1st on. Watch for pre-signup notifications if available.
Most classes have a small materials fee.
We are open to new classes. If you want to do a demo or teach a class, this is a great way to share your skills.
Wow! Do we have some terrific fiber vendors or what? There is no additional charge for vendor space but both the number of vendors and space are limited. Be sure to answer the vendor questions during registration if you’re interested in vending. You can also call, contact info listed below, with specific questions.
Bring it on! There is a “Free to a Fiber Home” table in the gym foyer for fiber related donations.
We generally have a licensed and bonded massage therapist available. Be sure to sign up to reserve your spot.
Fiber Basket Drawing:
Want to be entered in a drawing for a basket full of fiber-y goodies? Donate a fiber related item to put your name in the drawing. Just be aware … you have to store the basket and bring it back in the fall!
Fiber Frenzy Gift Exchange Saturday after the potluck
(Our own version of a Chinese auction) Bring a wrapped fiber related gift or purchase from retreat vendors.
Minimum: $20 to $25 value. Maximum?: The-Sky’s-The-Limit
The small print:
* This is an adult only event.
* Leave children, firearms, fireworks, alcohol, recreational drugs, public music devices, pets, and the job at home, we really want to just enjoy you.
* No drama, no politics, no controversy. Look for areas of common agreement. Either quietly resolve conflicts to everyone’s satisfaction or quietly notify the Retreat Diva that there is an issue. Decisions of the Diva are final.
* Contact Diva with as much notice as possible if you need special accommodation for disabilities or limitations.
* Service animals welcome (To ensure accommodation, contact Diva about your service animal before your register.)
* Some guests have severe allergies; avoid perfume, scented lotions, hand sanitizers, hairsprays and anything else that might interfere with another persons’ ability to enjoy the weekend.
* Smoke responsibly, away from doors and windows, fully extinguish cigarette butts and dispose in outdoor trash.
* Be considerate of others. We keep costs low by all pitching in. You are the housekeeping staff.
Scholarships and Volunteers:
What’s this? It takes a lot of work to put on an event this size. If you’re willing to help with set up, check-in, special projects, specific clean-up, final wrap-up or anything else, let us know during registration or contact Diva.
Sharon Hein – Retreat Diva
email@example.com or (907) 355-1587.